IMPORTA is committed to the integration of Santa Barbara’s large immigrant population into the mainstream of our county's civic life.
IMPORTA believes that fluency in English and a path to citizenship are key elements in the successful integration of Santa Barbara County's immigrant population.
To facilitate the integration process, IMPORTA...
• Received authorization from the United States Department of Justice to practice immigration law and represent clients before the USCIS and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security.
• Has provided legal representation for thousands of local immigrants in obtaining citizenship, DACA (for undocumented immigrants brought here as children), and legal status through Adjustment of Status, waivers, and asylum applications.
• Was the only organization in Santa Barbara County to receive a California state grant under the OneCalifornia program during 2016 and 2017. IMPORTA has just been awarded a OneCalifornia grant for 2018.
Additionally, IMPORTA works with other non-profit
organizations and government agencies to develop and support
• Recreational, educational, and vocational training programs for immigrant youth and
• Projects and programs that build mutual trust and cultural understanding between Santa Barbara’s immigrant community and the established non-immigrant community.
IMPORTA is authorized by the Justice Department to represent and provide legal counsel for low-income immigrants
Naturalization for Green Card holders wishing to become citizens
Consultations for those with immigration problems, including possible deportation
Adjustment of Status, Hardship Waivers, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, U-visa, Asylum, and almost every other petition or applicaton to the USCIS. We also work with pro-bono attorneys on removal defense.
Join us in building a better Santa Barbara!
Pledge a tax-exempt donation to further IMPORTA's work
129 East Carrillo Street
email@example.com (805) 604-5060
a Department of Justice recognized non-profit
provider of immigration legal services
Our Santa Barbara office, at 129 East Carrillo Street, is open
Monday-Thursday, 3 pm until 7 pm, and by appointment
on Friday and Saturday.
To make an appointment, leave a message on our voice mail number
Para hacer una cita, deje un mensaje en nuestro correo de voz
To make an appointment for service at our Lompoc office
please call Lupe Perez at (805) 886-2199
You may also contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org